We have been blessed in that our friend Paterne volunteered recently to take a trip to the village of Yove in order to check up on how things are going there. The following is his report back to us. We are so happy to hear that our projects have been successful, and that the community is grateful for our work!
Paterne's first language is not English. We have made some minor changes, but kept most of the writing the same.
GIFTS - Rwanda started to sponsor Yove Parish in many different ways which are very important to the Yove people and the whole country in general.
GIFTS - Rwanda helped poor people to get domestic animals. It gave them 10 pigs, 10 goats and three cows. Not only the domestic animals but GIFTS - Rwanda also built for a poor family a nice house. Everything which is being done there has a great impact as it is said by Yove society. GIFTS - Rwanda is sponsoring students to help them to go ahead because many of the students drop out due to poverty. It has started with 20 students. They bought different school materials for these 20 students.
The students sponsored by Gifts Rwanda
All students sponsored are so happy to have got the help, and they thank Gifts Rwanda to have thought about their studies. They said that seems to be the pillar of their future.
The table below shows the names of students, members of their family and marks and their class:
1. NTITANGURANWA Joseph - 5 children - 56% - Senior 3
2. HAGENIMANA Anaclet - Father, mother and 4 children - 66% - Senior 3
3. TUYIZERE Laurentine - Father, mother and 9 children - 64% - Senior 2
4. TUYIRINGIRE Charlotte - Father, step-mother and 4 children - 65% - Senior 3
5. NDAYISHIMIYE Emmanuel - Mother and 2 children - 44% - Senior 3
6. TUYIZERE Valens - Father, mother and 6 children - 52% - Senior 2
7. NYIRAKANANI Rose - Mother and 8 children - 54% - Senior 2
8. NYIRAMATEGEKO Judith - 4 children - 63% - Senior 5
9. NSABIMANA Theobald - Father, mother, and 5 children - 66% - Senior 2
10. NIYONKURU Sylvestre - Father, mother, and 8 children - 66% - Senior 2
11. BAYEMERE Philemon - Father, mother, and 5 children - 53% - Senior 2
12. MUKUNZI Patrick - Mother and 3 children - 37% - Senior 3
13. NYIRAMWIZA Julienne - Mother and 5 children - 39% - Senior 3
14. NIYIYEGEKA Alphonse - 55% - Senior 3
15. MUKAMWIZA Adelphine - 53% - Senior 3
16. IRASUBIZA Florida - 48% - Senior 3
17. NISINGIZWA Antoine - 45% - Senior 2
18. NYIRAHABIMANA Aphonsine - 37% - Senior 2
19. MUKASHEMA Seraphine - 49% - Senior 2
20. NISHIMWE Noelle - 62% - Senior 2
All 13 students in the pictures met me at school. They are interested by whatever they got and they said that they are going to focus on their studies as they got sponsor. They all thank the LORD who sent someone to help them in preparing their future.
How are the people who got domestic animals?
The people who got cows, pigs and goats are so happy to have got them. Their purpose is to breed them and give to others from them. They want to share with others who didn’t get any the first time.
Here are some photos of the people and their cows:
Three people who got cows to breed are doing well and they try their best to take of them so that they will produce by giving birth to other cows. They wish to share with other if the cows they got will produce and they don’t doubt because they said that they got cows of their choice.
Some photos of those who got goats:
Some photos of the pigs given:
Everyone who got a pig or a goat is so happy to have been chosen because they are expecting interest from what they got and they wish to share these with others in the days to come. They thanked a lot to GIFTS to have thought about their lives and remember them. They are so grateful for what they did for them. Pigs are growing up well.
After months of waiting to build because of the rainy season, the house is finally finished!!
The construction of the new house is progressing well now and it is about the end. The family is so happy to have a nice house they have not had before.
Thank you all for your support!! The pictures and responses from those in Yove have encouraged us greatly. Please consider donating to help make the list above a reality.