Celebrate GIFTS Rwanda's Year of Progress
As we reflect on the past year, our hearts are filled with gratitude for your support. It is because of you that our work at GIFTS Rwanda has been made possible.
Together, we have accomplished significant milestones, and we take pride in the meaningful progress that has been achieved.
We invite you to unwrap the impact you've helped create in 2023—your generosity and dedication have played a vital role in shaping our journey.
Thank you for being an essential part of GIFTS Rwanda's mission.
Here is Your 2023 Impact Unwrapped.
For the first time, two board members, Karina and Albert Alvarez, along with myself, journeyed to the village we support in Rugarika, Rwanda. I documented each day of our trip in the "Rugarika Trip 2023" category on our website. You can find it HERE. We accomplished the following on our trip:
Together we ran our Giving Tuesday 2023 Put People First campaign and you raised $36,276.02 for the following:
All projects done in Rugarika 2023 because of you:
You helped bring in $110,791 so far in 2023!! Here's how that compares to past years:
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!
Exciting Next Steps...
We are continuing to build the Multi Activity Community Center—a project made possible by your generous support! The additions will include a dedicated space for our soap and bag making projects, eliminating the need for outdoor work and costly storage solutions at the school.
Additionally, we're creating a small stockroom, meeting room, and a space for community talks, covering vital topics such as malnutrition and reproductive health for young girls and their mothers.
Adjacent to the building, we're reserving an area for gardens and expanding the chicken farm to process meat. A small on-site store will showcase and sell the items crafted, grown, and produced on the grounds.
For a more in-depth look at our plans, check out the videos from Paterne, Brigitte, and myself below.
Have you had a chance to visit our YouTube page lately? It's filled with heartfelt testimonials we've gathered from the incredible people in Rugarika this year.
Take a moment to immerse yourself in these stories—they beautifully capture the real impact of GIFTS Rwanda in the lives of those we serve. To watch these testimonials and explore our other videos, simply click here.
We believe these videos offer a genuine insight into the positive transformations happening in Rugarika, all thanks to your support and the work of GIFTS Rwanda. Below is one of my favorites from Alice.
REMINDER: Donate before the end of December to get a tax-deductible donation before the end of this financial year!
If you made it down this far THANK YOU! You are a world changer and a crucial part of making these initiatives a reality. Your ongoing support is truly transforming lives and empowering communities.
Remember, the year is not over. You can still make a difference with your tax-deductible gift for a family in Rugarika that can change everything for them.
Thank you for being a vital part of our journey, and we hope you enjoy witnessing the meaningful change you've helped make possible. Thank you for being that person.
This year's Giving Tuesday campaign was a HUGE success! Your support for the people of Rugarika made a significant impact, tripling the support for educational initiatives, housing, community development, and more, improving the lives of the people of Rugarika.
We're excited to announce that with our triple match, we raised a total of $36,140. THANK YOU for being a part of an incredible campaign of giving and for changing so many lives with your generosity.
By joining forces, you are allowing the following to happen:
• $5,000 to launch MoonCatcher Project in Rugarika to support our New Mom Sewing Co-op and local schoolgirls sponsored by GIFTS Rwanda. Our lead seamstress and team member, Brigitte, will travel to Uganda to collaborate with MoonCatcher project manager. She will accommodate them, provide training, assist with vendor visits, and guide them in sourcing materials. This partnership aims to establish a new line of sewing business for our New Mom Sewing Co-Op, selling MoonCatchers in markets and providing them at no cost to schoolgirls, ensuring they stay in school during their menstrual cycles. The MoonCatcher Project generously covers all efforts without charge; we only need to cover travel expenses and materials to get the project off the ground.
• $2,700 to launch New Mom Sewing Coop. Initiate a second cohort of young single mothers to join our New Mom Sewing Co-op. Offer training and supplies to 20 pregnant, unwed mothers in a tailoring co-op, providing a six-month education and a pathway to sustainable livelihoods.
• $6,140 of domestic animals and vegetable gardens. Create large vegetable gardens on our community center property and provide domestic animals to families, including those of new students we sponsor and survivors of the genocide who no longer receive government support.
• $16,300 for home construction. Fund home construction for house to shelter homeless single mother and her children, as well as complete a partially built home currently housing a grandmother with her daughters and their four children.
• $8,000 for community center construction. Construct a dedicated space on our community center property for our beaded bags and soap making group, offering a versatile area for group activities, meetings, and community talks. The space will also serve as a platform for educating the community on topics like combating malnutrition and promoting reproductive health among young girls and their mothers.
None of this would be possible without you and we are so grateful for you.
As we celebrate, we know there are many more who still need our support. You can join the fight and send real, sustainable change, freedom, and hope to the people of Rugarika today.
THANK YOU for your help. We appreciate YOU so much!